Your Cosmetic Dentistry Options
posted: Feb. 18, 2020.
Get the smile that makes you feel confident from the inside out.
Do you hate that you have to hide your smile the minute someone pulls out the camera? Do you feel like people at work are often staring at your teeth when you talk? Dealing with stained, crooked teeth and other imperfections can make us feel like the whole world notices your off-kilter smile. Our Russellville, AR, cosmetic dentists Dr. Richard Morgan and Dr. Jennifer Young can craft and shape your smile into the smile you’ve always wanted with these popular cosmetic dentistry options,
- Teeth Whitening: Also referred to as bleaching, you can turn to our dental team to get chairside whitening for immediate results or turn to us for professional at-home whitening. Get results quickly and safely and say goodbye to yellow teeth.
- Dental bonding: A tooth-colored resin (the same resin used to fill a cavity) is applied to edges of the teeth to hide chips, unevenness and other minor defects. This resin may also fill tiny gaps between teeth and cover discolorations.
- Tooth reshaping: Our dentists can also remove trace amounts of enamel to reshape teeth. If you have a tooth that is extremely sharp and pointy or is worn or chipped, cosmetic reshaping or contouring can help.
- Gum contouring: Just as our dental team can remove enamel to reshape teeth we can also remove excess gum tissue to improve the shape and appearance of your gums. Gum contouring is ideal for those with gummy smiles, as we as remove tissue to reveal more of your teeth for a more even smile.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are porcelain shells that are bonded to the teeth to become the new front surface of your smile. Each shell is bonded to a single tooth and it can treat various cosmetic problems, from discolorations and chips to misshapen teeth, crowding and mottled teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry has the ability to,
- Hide imperfections
- Brighten teeth
- Fix misalignments
- Improve the shape and size of your teeth and gums
- Boost your confidence
Of course, in order to get cosmetic dentistry our Russellville, AR, dentists will need to make sure that your teeth are healthy enough for treatment. This involves examining your teeth and even taking x-rays, to make sure there are no problems such as decay. Cosmetic dentistry is meant to improve the overall appearance and look of your smile; however, some of these treatments can even strengthen teeth and protect them from sensitivity or damage.
Ashcraft Morgan Young Dental in Russellville, AR, wants you to feel great about your smile. If you feel self-conscious, cosmetic dentistry could boost your confidence and your appearance. Schedule a cosmetic consultation with our dental team at (479) 968-1470.